|Never underestimate the power of prayer!!|
Matthew Stevenson is a troubled kid from a broken home. When he vandalizes the local church to get back at his parents, Matthew has to repair the damage to the church to avoid criminal charges. While working at the church, he meets Ernest (John Ratzenberger), an accomplished wood carver who created the intricate woodwork decoration that Matthew destroyed. Ernest has become something of a hermit, but reluctantly comes out of reclusion to help repair the church. Now Ernest and Matthew must work together to preserve the church's beautiful antiquity, and along the way, they also manage to restore their faith in God and in life.
This was a really great movie that hit home for me in a lot of ways. My husband and I have been married for 14 years. In those 14 years we have come really close to separating. And I have a son that has been troubled and in trouble. When I look back at the worst times it has been when we have gotten away from God. I truly believe that having God in the middle of all of your relationships makes all the difference in the world.
This movie has a lot of learning lessons in it. The first lesson is to never underestimate the power of prayer. And the second lesson is before you do anything, always ask first "What would Jesus do?"
If you are struggling with family, work, relationships or just life in general, then I highly recommend this movie for you. It will be available on DVD on Tuesday March 13th. Or you can win one!!
I am honored to be able to offer this movie as a giveaway to a North Carolina Momma reader.
Mandatory entry: Go to christianbook.com and watch the trailer for The Woodcarver. Then come back here and leave a comment. Any comment will do but if you have thought about the trailer and this particular movie, that would be great!
Easy peasy, right?
Well you can also get extra entries to....only after the mandatory entry has been done.
- (3 entries) become an email subscriber to this blog. Be sure to confirm your subscription and then come back here and leave 3 separate comments.
- (1 entry) follow this blog with GFC
- (2 entries) Enter the giveaway for this same movie over at Southern Mom of 4. Make sure you leave her a comment that you are coming from this blog.
- (2 entries) Sign up for Superpoints
- (1 entry) follow me on twitter
- (1 entry) tweet about this giveaway - you can do this up to 2 times daily. Each time you tweet, leave a comment with the URL to your tweet in the comment box.
- (1 entry) Enter another giveaway on this blog. You get one entry for each giveaway you enter. Just leave a comment with the name of the other giveaway you have entered.
- (5 entries) for every person that you refer to this giveaway that enters. Make sure they leave your name in the mandatory entry and then you come back and comment 5 more times.
“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or
services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it
on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally
and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance
with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the
Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”