Friday, April 2, 2010

What does Easter mean to you?

I wanted to get some of your perspectives on "What does Easter mean to you?" Share your thoughts in the comments section below!

To me, Easter is the greatest holiday that we celebrate all year! Christmas is great because that is when God sent His son to be born in human form. Jesus came so that He could understand the same things that we face as humans. But at Easter we celebrate Jesus sacrificing His life so that we may live!! He not only died BUT he also rose again. If He had never rose on that third day then He would be just like any other "god", but that is not the case. We know that Jesus lives and because He lives WE can live also!!
Do you know Jesus as your personal savior? If not, you can. Say this simple prayer: God, please forgive me for I am a sinner. I want you and need you to come into my heart and live within me and guide me forever. Amen
Then have faith and believe that God has done just what you have asked Him to do! Salvation is a gift therefore all we have to do is accept it, but God will not force it upon us.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend!! Remember it is not about the Easter bunny, but the sacrifice that Jesus made for each of us!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a new Friday Follower! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=1116 and sign up for my first giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your words ... and I hope you have a beautiful weekend with your family, friends ... whomever you spend the holiday with ;-) Happy belated Friday Follow- stop by my place when you can!

    ReplyDelete